Haddonfield Public Library
60 Haddon Avenue N. Haddonfield, NJ 08033-2469 · 856-429-1304
Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm Fri 10am-6pm Sat 10am-5pm Sun 1pm-5pm
"A library is... liberty."
- Ann Patchett, author of Bel Canto
Join us for our Grand Opening Celebration on September 17th – all day at the library!
We’re moving back! The Library will begin the process of moving back into the building at 60 Haddon Ave. on July16. Therefore, the final day the Annex at 123 Kings Hwy will be open is July 15. We will try to minimize the amount of time we are closed. The bookdrops will remain behind the Annex in the Mechanic Street parking lot until we have a bookdrop installed at 60 Haddon Ave, and staff will check and empty the boxes several times daily. In order to properly manage our collections during the move, we will temporarily stop processing Interlibrary Loan requests on July 7, and will stop lending library passes on July 9 (of course those services will start back up once we reopen the Library). Updates will continue to be posted to this page so please check back. Updated 6/29/16.
Photos from the interior of the building:
A lot of finishing work is still to come but some of these rooms are really taking shape!
Photos of the exterior work:
Main Floor Rear
In 2012, the Borough Commissioners determined that the library would remain at its current location. The existing library is currently being renovated to provide handicapped access throughout the facility. A 2000 square foot addition is under construction on Tanner St. to provide an elevator and handicapped accessible bathrooms. This effort will include updating furnishings and equipment for the 21st century. Some mechanical systems will be upgraded during the renovation. The timetable for this project is listed below. Thanks for your support!
The Library Board and Borough Commissioners would like the community to know that:
- A construction bid was awarded on April 14, 2015, by the Borough of Haddonfield.
- The existing library building closed on April 19 through the end of 2015 and into 2016.
- The library annex at 123 Kings Highway East opened on May 11. The annex offers about 10,000 of the library’s circulating volumes and several thousand electronic collections ; selected adult, children’s and teen collections; DVDs and books on tape; research, computer and instruction service, and interlibrary loan. Newspaper and magazines are available.
- Haddonfield residents may obtain temporary library cards from the Cherry Hill Public Library, the Camden County Library system, and the Haddon Heights Public Library until the renovation is complete. Residents of Haddonfield should take photo identification to these libraries to obtain the temporary library cards.
- Children’s programming will continue at Borough Hall into 2016. The Summer Reading program was held at Borough Hall in the auditorium. Adult and teen programs are being held periodically at Borough Hall. Stay tuned for updates!
- The Library Board is conducting a fundraising campaign. Opportunities for contributions for technology and service enhancements will be available later!
- Visit here for more information or contact the Acting Library Director Eric Zino at email@example.com or 856-429-1304, ext. 111!
The Library Board of Trustees would like to thank the many professional planners and citizens for their devoted work on reports and studies for the growth of the Haddonfield Public Library.
Reports of past studies done from 2008-11 are posted herein, including the library building program, upon which studies are based.
Reports & Studies of the Haddonfield Public Library for Expansion or a New Library
The Haddonfield Borough Commissioners and the Public Library’s Board of Trustees have received a report detailing the recommended basic requirements for a modern public library to serve the community’s 11,600 residents.
These documents represent past efforts including ideas to build a new building on Allen Avenue
Allen Avenue Advisory Committee:Final Report for a new Haddonfield Public Library, June 24, 2011
Haddonfield Public Library Sites: Report of a Citizen Committee -June 2010
Report on the Haddonfield Library : Architectural Study Committee-Spring 2010
Project Update – 2/16/10 (PDF)
Project Update – 10/07/09 (PDF)
Project Update – 6/9/09 (PDF)
Haddonfield Public Library: A Vision for the Future (Building Program)- October 2008
Haddonfield Chooses Architect for Library Evaluation (PDF)
Haddonfield Talks : An Assessment of the Haddonfield Public Library – June 2008